II Mini Print International Galicia
- TALLER EXPERIMENTAL DE OBRA MÚLTIPLE CONTEMPORÁNEA (GALICIA)
- CONCELLO DE CANGAS DO MORRAZO (GALICIA)
- XUNTA DE GALICIA
- FACULTADE DE BELAS ARTES DA UNIVERSIDADE DE VIGO
- MEMORIA DOCUMENTAL DE GALICIA
- FUNDACIÓN CASA-MUSEO DE CAMAÑO GESTIDO “A MANGALLONA”
Terms and conditions of participation
The competition is open to all printing disciplines and printed digital works.
• Each artist may submit up to 3 different works.
• There is no minimum image size but all works must only be produced on paper 20 x 20 cm.
• Submissions must date from 2022 onwards and be the work of a living artist.
• All submitted artwork will be signed on the front. The technical specifications and artist’s information should be written legibly on the back.
The works should be marked as “FOR EXHIBITION ONLY” and sentby REGISTERED MAIL in a simple packet, unframed, without glass or mount and bearing the declaration “NO COMMERCIAL VALUE” by the 16th August 2024. The postal stamp must confirm that deadline.
Please send the works to:
AUDITORIO MUNICIPAL XOSÉ MANUEL PAZOS VARELA
Av. de Lugo, 27A, Cangas do Morrazo, (Pontevedra – Galicia), 36940, Spain
Phone: + 34 986304108
1st Prize: € 2000
2nd Prize: € 1000
3er Prize: € 500
In addition to the 1st, 2nd and 3er cash prizes, three other works will be highly commended.
All the winning artworks will become the property of Asociación Taller Experimental de Obra Múltiple Contemporánea and will not be returned.
The prize monies will be paid to the artists via bank transfer, to the bank account specified in the registration form, within 30 days of their announcement.
The registration form will be available at www.miniprint-galicia.gal. Note that all fields must be completed and personal information must match the applicant’s ID card or passport. Personal data will be stored safely and the participants can request for it to be destroyed after the competition.
Registration forms must be completed in Spanish, Galician or English.
Non-winning artworks can be returned via mail or can be donated to the Art Collection of Asociación Taller Experimental de Obra Múltiple Contemporánea. Please specify this on the registration form.
Personal information and address should be legible and correct. The address given will be the address used to return works, if requested.
The participation fee is:
- European Union residents:
€ 50 (fifty euros) which includes the return of non-winning artworks by certified mail.
€ 25 (twenty five euros) if you would like to donate your artworks after the competition.
- Non-European Union residents:
€ 55 (fifty five euros) which includes the return of non-winning artworks by certified mail.
€ 35 (thirty five euros) if you would like to donate your artworks after the competition.
Upon submission of the registration form on the website www.miniprint-galicia.gal , participants must pay the corresponding fee for entry to the competition by:
a) PayPal, email@example.com
b) bank transfer (charges on international transfers will be paid by the participant)
The payment should be made to Asociación Taller Experimental de Obra Múltiple Contemporánea.
Account number: 0049 7825 13 2910009587
IBAN: ES70 0049 7825 13 2910009587
BIC/CÓDIGO SWIFT: BSCHESMMXXX
(Banco SANTANDER, Av. de Concepción Arenal, 132, 36950, Moaña, Galicia, Spain)
c) I pay for Stripe
Concepción Arenal, 132, 36950, Moaña, Galicia, Spain)
The jury and selection of winning artworks
The jury comprises 6 members:
- Leonardo Rial, artist and director of the Asociación Taller Experimental de Obra Múltiple Contemporánea (Spain)
- Néstor Goyanes, print maker and arts promoter (Argentina)
- Weronika Siupka, winner of the First Prize at the 1st International Mini Print Galicia 2022-2023 (Poland)
- Xoán Pastor Rodríguez, Director of the Museo do Gravado de Artes, Ribeira (Galicia, Spain)
- Maite Meixide, winner of the Galicia Special Award at the 1st International Mini Print Galicia 2022-2023 (Spain)
The jury will deliberate in the Asociación Taller Experimental de Obra Múltiple Contemporánea and will take into account only the works that meet all the specifications as outlined above. Any works submitted that do not meet the specifications will not be taken into account and will not be returned.
The jury’s decision is final and will be published on www.miniprint-galicia.gal. The winning artists will also be notified by email.
Work exhibition places
Cangas do Morrazo Council (Spain): 6 September – 5 October 2024, at the Auditorio Municipal de Cangas “Xosé Manuel Pazos Varela”, at 8 pm.
From 6th October to 6th December the works will be exhibited in different venues yet to be confirmed.
50 catalogues will be printed and delivered to the awarded artists, the jury members and the collaborating organizations and institutions.
The catalogue will be emailed to all participants in low resolution and it will also be available on our website www.miniprint-galicia.gal for a free download in high resolution.
The information provided in the registration form will be used as the artist’s entry in the catalogue.
Return of artwork
Non-winning artists who have requested the return of their artworks and have paid the relevant participation fee will be sent the works by Registered Mail (Correos de España) from the date 6th December. The return address will be that which is given on the registration form
It is important to communicate any change of address between the date of the artwork’s delivery and the end of the competition. If a package is returned to the organisation, participants will be notified by email and can inform us of a new delivery address. Please note that if any artworks need to be mailed a second time, the participant will have to pay the additional postage fee.
By 31st July 2024, each artist should:
1. Fill out the registration form online.
2. Pay the relevant participation fee, depending on whether the artwork is for donation or to be returned.
3. Send by registered mail: the participant’s works, a printed copy of the registration form and receipt of payment.
4. Initial receipt of artworks will not be acknowledged. Winning and highly commended artists will be notified by email and the results will also be published on our website.
The Asociación Taller Experimental de Obra Múltiple Contemporánea reserves the right to reproduce the submitted works for promotional and cultural purposes.
Although maximum care will be taken of the submitted artworks, the organisers assume no responsibility for any damage, loss, delay or customs retention that may occur during the delivery or running of the exhibition.
In the case of any other unexpected events the organisers reserve the right to decide the final outcome.
All participants must agree to and abide by these terms and conditions.
Galicia, 10th December 2023. Human Rights International Day